Monday, April 27, 2009

Molly's Chicken


I had some extra tomato sauce from the chicken cacciatore we had last week, so I went to the trusty allrecipes.com and searched for things including chicken and tomato sauce under the healthy tab. What a great resource! Well, when I saw something titled "Molly's Chicken" I knew I couldn't pass it up! This is made in the crock pot and seeing as I swapped in boneless chicken breast for the chicken legs, I should have brought the time down significantly, but I wasn't thinking. I had it on low for 7 hours, and it easily could have been done around 5 hours (I'm estimating). You can see in my photo my sauce was a little dry, as was the chicken- but still not bad. So if you make this with boneless skinless chicken, bring the time down. (I also partially blame my slow cooker...I think it cooks things too fast, even on low, but enough pointing fingers.) Otherwise, the flavor was great and I served it over a bed of veggie fried rice. But how can a meal go wrong with veggie fried rice? I'll answer for you, it can't. It just can't.

INGREDIENTS

* 3 1/2 pounds chicken drumsticks, skin removed (I used 1 lb chicken breast)
* 1/2 cup soy sauce
* 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce


DIRECTIONS

1. Place drumsticks in a slow cooker. In a medium bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and tomato sauce. Pour sauce over chicken.
2. Cover, and cook on Low heat 8 hours.

1 comment:

Molly gets just a touch happier when you comment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin