Saturday, May 23, 2009

Prepping for Casual Memorial Weekend BBQ

We are hosting a BBQ on Sunday, but it's really more of an evening party, so there isn't too much prep involved. Although we are still doing a BBQ, so I had to plan a short menu. We are having about 30 people over, and some guests are bringing a food item, which helped make my short menu even shorter! But here is what we are providing:

Appetizer:
Veggie Tray
Jalapeno Popper Dip with crackers

Main Course:
Hamburgers
Hot Dogs
All the Fixin's Bar
Classic Potato Salad
Mediterranean Orzo Salad

Dessert:
Oreo Crunch Brownies

The house is relatively clean as I was doing more than necessary all week long, but my list to get done today and tomorrow before the party is:

Grocery Shop!
Clean the half bath downstairs
Clean the guest bath upstairs
Tidy up the guest room
Clean our bedroom and catch up on laundry
Dust all over...stupid dust
Quick vacuum all over
Clean up the kitchen after all cooking is done
Put the leaf in our kitchen table- and place table cloths
Wipe down patio furniture
Wet swiffer all the floors downstairs

I've got all day today and tomorrow to get it done... but I better write out a timeline :)

And since I've never shown you our patio before...here's a look. I absolutely love our patio furniture! It was one of the first things we bought for the house, and we spend tons of time out there. I gave it a quick wipe down, but we are battling spiders, so I am just going to hose it down later. But alas, here it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Molly gets just a touch happier when you comment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin