Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tackle it Tuesday

I've seen a handful of blogs post a weekly entry labeled "Tackle it Tuesday" so I'm.... borrowing it? Stealing it? Eh, whatever, I'm using it to my advantage! So today, I'm tackling the fact that I offered to host Mother's Day for my side of the family. Eek. This will be my first gathering with my family at our house. I've got a laundry list of things to do, but here's what I tackled tonight:

Dining/Living room
-Dusted all the wood furniture
-Windexed all the windows and glass
-Cleaned the wood floors using the Floor Mate (and gained some muscle moving all the furniture around!)
Ahhhh nice and clean!



-2 Loads of laundry- including the guest room linens
-Finalized the menu for Sunday & made the grocery list


MENU:
Appetizers:
Homemade Salsa & Chips
Fruit & Veggie Tray
Cheese & Cracker Platter

Main Course:
Hamburgers
Hot Dogs

Hamburger/Hot Dog Bar:
Lettuce
Tomato
Miracle Whip
Ketchup
Mustard
Chili
Cheese (Shredded and Slices)
Onions (Diced & Sliced)

Sides:
Potato Salad
Spaghetti Salad
Balsamic Vegetable Mozzarella Salad

Desserts:
Lemon-Raspberry Cupcakes
Chocolate Raspberry Bars with White Chocolate and Almonds
Regular Brownies

Beverages:
Assorted Soda
Shelly's Party Punch

Phew...check check check check check and check!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Molly gets just a touch happier when you comment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin