Friday, June 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Week to....

Carl! Carl's birthday is next week. Unfortunately he will be traveling (surprise), so I'm not able to be with him. He always does such a wonderful job with my birthdays, I wanted to make his really great this year. So I've started off his birthday week with a surprise. He is working from home today, so I took the day off without him knowing and made him breakfast in bed. I had to keep the menu simple since I didn't want him to know what I was doing this morning. He just assumed I was getting ready for work. Menu:
  • Belgian waffles with powdered sugar, strawberries and REAL maple syrup (Please, no fake stuff)
  • Bacon
  • Orange Juice
  • Coffee- just the way he likes it- black :)
(I made the waffles in our laundry room so he wouldn't hear the beep of the waffle maker and opened the window so most of the delicious bacon smell would filter out. Apparently it worked. He didn't hear or smell anything until I went upstairs!)

Then I garnished the plate with one more strawberry and accented the tray with a flower. He was definitely surprised, and really happy I have the day off! Now if he can just get his work done so we have time to enjoy it!



Stay tuned for the rest of Carl's birthday week surprises :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Molly gets just a touch happier when you comment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin