Thursday, September 3, 2009

Cousin Cookout Planning

Planning is currently my middle name, maybe even my first. Here is a list of the things I have coming up in the next 2 months.


  1. We are hosting a Cousin’s Cookout on Saturday
  2. I’m planning my first annual, Run for Donuts- more on that in another post though
  3. Girl's Day Cider Crawl (Assisting with the planning- one of the two houses on the stop list)
  4. I’m planning our 2nd annual trip to Cedar Point for Halloweekends
  5. (Tentative) We most likely will be hosting a Halloween party


Yes, all those things, and we haven’t even hit the holiday season yet! But probably my favorite part of all these shingdigs is the planning! Seeing an event come together just gets me all excited. So tonight, I’ll go over our plan for the Cousin’s Cookout. Here is my plan of attack for a successful cookout.


Thursday (tonight):

  • Create Menu


  • Make grocery list
  • Organize recipes
  • Coordinate Entertainment
    • Playlist for Outdoor Speakers
    • Flingo Boards (also known as cornhole)


Friday:

  • Grocery Shop- Bulk and Regular Grocery Store
  • Clean
    • Clean Master Bath
    • Guest Bath & Guest Room
    • Prep spare room with Aero Bed
  • Make Spaghetti Salad
  • Make Broccoli Slaw


Saturday:

  • Clean
    • Vacuum, Dust, Sweep
    • Kitchen
    • Half Bath
  • Prep Burger/Dog Toppings
  • Prep and soak strawberries in sugar
  • Make strawberry sauce
  • Make punch
  • Get ice
  • Set up drink station
  • Clean rolling cooler
  • Fill rolling cooler with pop and beer
  • GET SELF READY
  • Start Playlist
  • Set up flingo
  • Set up Topping Bar just before guests arrive
  • Set up Shortcake Bar after dinner
  • ENJOY THE PARTY!


I'm in really good shape for this weekend. Let's get the ball rolling! Have anything fun planned for the holiday? Are you hosting anything? Have you gone over your plan from start to finish?

5 comments:

  1. Cider crawl? That sounds awesome. Will you share or did I miss it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I will share when it gets here! It's at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be hosting our annual Halloween party in October. Other than that, other members of the family are hosting events this month. Your cider crawl sounds interesting. What is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like so much fun, I love planning! Can't wait to find out about the Run for Donuts! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Molly gets just a touch happier when you comment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin