Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tackle it Tuesday: Kitchen Cupboards

Well, this project was started on Saturday. Although, I didn't expect that it would still be going on today. I wanted to empty out each cupboard, clean it top to bottom, inside and out and organize what was inside it. Doesn't sound THAT difficult, right? Well, when you have about a billion other things competing with it, it can become difficult. I only had a couple hours here and there to work on it, and tonight was no exception.

Tonight, Carl and I headed over to my sister and brother-in-law's house so I could make them dinner and so Carl could see new baby Sean. We also dropped off the freezer meals I made on Sunday. We also have decided to host a cousin's party on Saturday (more on that later), so we also needed to swing by Carl's parents' house to pick up some things. Needless to say, we didn't have a ton of extra time tonight, but I still wanted to tackle something!

I decided to work on a few more cabinets. This was the cabinet I was dreading the most. By the time I emptied it, all my counters and kitchen table were covered! But as I said above, everything came out, it was cleaned top to bottom, inside and out with a water and Pine Sol solution and a rag. My best tip with this is to wear rubber gloves. It makes a world of difference for your hands! It looks great now!



I still have a few cupboards to go, but once they are done, my goal is to do 1-2 cabinets each month, rather than to clean and organize them all at once! Hopefully you were able to tackle something tonight- even if you only had a short amount of time like me!

1 comment:

  1. I need to go through my cabinets and get rid of soo much stuff...it's horrible! :)

    ReplyDelete

Molly gets just a touch happier when you comment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin