Monday, January 4, 2010

Freezer Ready Chicken Pot Pie


Back when my sister had her baby in September, I made her 3 freezer meals to help out their tired, hungry bellies. While I was at it, I went ahead and just doubled each recipe and kept one of each for ourselves. I found the recipe here, and it was super easy! Of course I was a bit skeptical as this was my first time making freezer meals...and because this just seemed too simple. I.was.wrong. It was REALLY good! My plan next time is to make about 6 of these bad boys at once. I could easily eat this once every couple weeks. Sorry my picture is awful...I forgot to take one after we cut it, and it was gone really quickly.

Easy Chicken Pot Pie Freezer Recipe

1 pkg frozen peas & carrots
1 8oz can small whole onions, drained
1 small can mushroom pieces
2 cups cooked & cut-up chicken pieces
2 cups chicken gravy
Pie crust (frozen or homemade)

Combine all ingredients well and pour into 9" pie pan. Cover with pie crust, pressing edges into foil pan. Freeze as is for one hour, remove, wrap with freezer wrap and label, then freeze.

On cooking day:
Remove one and a half hours before baking, remove from freezer to thaw. Preheat oven to 450F. Cover edges of pie crust with foil to prevent the crust from burning. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until crust is brown and mixture inside is hot. Remove from oven and allow to sit for ten minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I saw this recipe on another site while searching for a freezer-friendly chicken pot pie meal. Thanks for the super review - Im definitely trying this now!

    ReplyDelete

Molly gets just a touch happier when you comment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin