Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Perfect Roast Turkey Breast


I don't make turkey nearly as much as I should. Finding this recipe in Martha Stewart Living will definitely change that. It calls for a whole turkey breast, skin on, bone in, but my meat market only had 5-6lb birds, so I bought half of one. It was perfect. We ate it sliced the first night and made it into a salad the next, recipe to follow!

2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1.5 tsp coarse salt
1 tsp freshly ground white pepper (I used black)
1 bone in, skin on turkey breast (about 2.5 lbs)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Stir together oil, salt and pepper; brush over turkey.

Roast turkey on a rimmed baking sheet until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reaches 140 degrees and climbing, about 30 minutes. Let rest at least 15 minutes. Slice turkey as needed. (Reserve pan drippings for gravy, or my next recipe)

*I roasted my turkey for about 35 minutes and it climbed nicely to 160 degrees in 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Molly gets just a touch happier when you comment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin