We're 2 for 2 this week folks. Another one that's hitting the regular rotation list. I spotted these on Foodgawker thanks to Mrs. Regueiro's Plate. I modified it just slightly, but I'll note what I did differently below in purple. Both Carl and I loved these, and it was a quick process. This is a great weeknight dinner!
- 1 pound chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ⅓ cup flour
- 3 tablespoon cornstarch
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅓ cup buffalo wing sauce (Frank’s Buffalo Wing) , plus extra for garnishment
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 10 6-inch yellow corn tortillas
- Shredded butter Lettuce
- Diced onions mixed with cilantro- 1 small onion with about 2 Tbsp of chopped cilantro
- Avocado slices- I omitted
- Ranch dressing
- Green onions, sliced thinly
- Blue Cheese Crumbles- how do you not have blue cheese with buffalo?? You don't! :)
Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
In a large bowl, combine cornstarch, flour, cayenne, and garlic powder. Season the chicken pieces with pepper, then dredge in the flour mixture.
Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the Dutch oven and once it gets hot, add chicken and cook on both sides – about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Once the chicken is done, set it aside in a bowl and toss with ⅓ cup buffalo wing sauce.
Use the skillet from the chicken and fry up the tortillas on medium for about 10 seconds a side.