Monday, November 28, 2011

The Final Check In: Happy House Express Challenge PLUS

(Sorry for the delay in posting this! I forgot I was going to my mom's house Wednesday and cut off my Internet usage for the holiday weekend!)


Stand up. Take a bow. You did it! You made it to the end of the Happy House Express Challenge PLUS! (If you didn't play along, that's OK, I'm sure you deserve to take the bow for something else)

Hopefully, you are enjoying your clean and tidy house, especially since that was our 10th task anyway! Let's do our final check in.

1. Make the Bed: 7/7
2. Empty the Sink: 6/7!
3. Clear the Clutter: 6/7!
4. Sweep the Kitchen Floor: 6/7!
5. Sort the Mail: 5/6!
6. Spray Your Shower: 7/7!
7. Write it Down: 7/7!
8. Organize Your Outerwear: 6/7
9. Clean the Counters: 6/7 (Kitchen was set 7/7, the bathroom got me!)
10. Relax and Enjoy Your Clean House: 7/7!!!

Challenge Plus
Week 5: Living Spaces (Family Room, Living Room, Den, Etc.)
  • Dust/Vacuum/Clean the furniture
  • Clean the windows/blinds
  • Deep clean the floors/Vacuum the rugs
  • Dust the lighting

Everything was clean and tidy for the Mock Thanksgiving, but I was a bit busy taking those photos and forgot to snap the challenge photos! The only thing I skipped was the deep clean of the floors. I'm saving that for this week. Now the house is somewhat of a disaster because we need to unpack and we are simultaneously trying to get Christmas decor out! So, no photos of the living spaces for now, but I'll have some festive ones soon!


Now, the challenge is over, but that doesn't mean we stop doing the 10 daily tasks. Hopefully these tasks have become routine for you. If not, press on, they'll become habit soon enough! And I'm hoping your house is holiday event ready now that we've cleaned top to bottom! Or at least you have a good jump start :) Did you miss out on the challenge all together? No worries, I have links to the regular version on the right side of the blog. Start your own 10 week challenge!

So, one last time, give me your results in the comments! Or better yet, share your own blog post in the InLinkz below! And if you could do me a HUGE favor and vote for us on Picket Fence Blogs, I'll love you forever. They did a reset last week, so votes make a big difference right now! Thanks!





1 comment:

  1. Wow...an express challenge! I'm getting in a little late but I love how you think. You now have a new follower. I want to keep up with your great ideas!

    BTW...we run a link party every Wonderful Wednesday at Ducks 'n a Row. I'd love it if you'd stop by and add your link!

    ReplyDelete

Molly gets just a touch happier when you comment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin