Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tackle It Tuesday



As stated yesterday, I'm busy playing catch up after being on vacation. I got the kitchen mostly clean yesterday, but decided my Tackle It Tuesday would be to attack the items in there that don't get cleaned every week.

1. I took everything off the counters and cleaned behind the coffee pot, spice rack, kitchen tool crock, coffee grinder and towel holder. Then I cleaned each of those items including the individual spice jars- that's definitely an item that gets overlooked, but really should be cleaned!

2. The drain got a good deep cleaning by:
  • Heating water in an electric or stove top kettle
  • Mixing and pouring in 1/2 c baking soda and 1/2 c white vinegar,
  • Cover the drain with a cloth and let sit a few minutes
  • Pour the boiling water down the drain to rinse
3. The ice maker drain area got a good scrubbing including a mixture, again, of baking soda and vinegar

4. The counters of course got wiped down, but don't forget the edges!

5. The garbage can got a cleaning as well

6. Lastly, I used one of my favorite tools, the Swiffer with a wet cloth. Done and done!

So I know you tackled something tonight right? No you say?? Well you still have time! Go clean your spice rack and jars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Molly gets just a touch happier when you comment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin