Thursday, August 6, 2009

Product Review: Hoover FloorMate Floor Cleaner

*Photo courtesy of Bed, Bath and Beyond- the source where I also purchases the floor cleaner

I've mentioned before that there are a few things I hate; cleaning the shower and washing the hardwood floors. I've already given you a tip about what I do to the shower, but today, let's look at those floors. Oh beautiful, glorious floors.
(Our office floors we installed and finished ourselves)


I would have them throughout the whole house, rather than just the first floor, if we could afford to do it, but I digress. So to clean them. My quick dusting is always done with a dry swiffer- mostly in the living areas and office. Then for daily/weekly cleaning, I use a wet swiffer. They are little cloths sent from the heavens. But, usually 1-2 times a month, I like to really deep clean them. Now, why don't I just use this every week? Well, it's a process. We have a love/hate relationship. I really do love how clean it gets the floors and the way it smells, BUT it is time consuming. For me to do about 1200 sq ft of wood floors, including moving furniture, it takes a good 4 hours. No joke. There are 3 steps, 1st it dry vacuums, then it wet scrubs and then it wet vacuums. It's a great tool, but I wouldn't want to do it every week.

So, overall, if you are looking for a quick way to get your floors clean, I think you are looking in the wrong spot. BUT, if you are looking for a good way to clean your floors, get this bad boy! When it's paired up with regular cleanings with a swiffer, I think it's a dirt killing super duo!

Soooo, the dreaded question. How clean are your floors? eek.

1 comment:

  1. I have a love/hate relationship with our hardwoods too. We have cherry hard wood floors in three areas or our home. They ALWAYS look dirty because of dust and crumbs against the dark wood. I have to agree with you on the dry swiffer, heaven sent for quick clean ups, especially getting the dust off of my hardwoods. Mine are not that clean, I would love to do clean them with vinegar and water on my hands and knees but it's just not going to happen since I am pregnant. I have pretty much taken the easy way out these past few months using dry and wet swiffer products along with vacumming and using Bruce hard wood cleaner.

    ReplyDelete

Molly gets just a touch happier when you comment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin