Sunday, September 27, 2009

German Coleslaw


My dear friend Monica invited us to her Oktoberfest party this weekend. We were invited to bring our favorite Oktober Brew and enjoy in a feast, but I didn't want to go empty handed food wise. I asked what I could bring and we came to the conclusion of German Coleslaw. Her spread was amazing, and the party was fabulous!

As for the German Slaw, it was a big hit. It had a perfect combination of flavors, and it was REALLY easy. It was a great break from a typical creamy coleslaw. It will definitely make my list of party sides.

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 medium head cabbage, finely shredded (I used half green and half purple)
  • 3 green onions, sliced
  • 3/4 cup sugar (I used 1/2 c)
  • 3/4 cup vinegar (I used 1/2 c)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons celery seed
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil (I used 1/2 c)

DIRECTIONS

  1. In a large bowl, combine cabbage and onions. In a saucepan, mix sugar, vinegar, celery seed and salt; bring to a boil. Add oil; return to boiling and cook until sugar dissolves. Pour over cabbage; toss gently. Chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Molly gets just a touch happier when you comment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin