Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tackle It Tuesday

I'm beginning to love Tuesdays. I find it forcing me to think of something out of the ordinary to clean, something that easily gets overlooked but is still deserving of some attention! With flu season right around the corner, I've found myself being more conscious of high hand traffic areas, so tonight's task was our banister. Our hallway and staircase see a lot of activity, and I knew this was an area that could use a little disinfecting.

I mixed up my trusty Pine Sol and hot water solution and got to work. The whole project took just about 30 minutes, not bad at all! Again, if you want to be a greener cleaner, make a solution with 1 cup white distilled vinegar, 1 cup baking soda, 1/2 cup ammonia and 1 gallon warm water. Wipe on with a sponge or damp,not wet, towel. And click here for a ton of green cleaning solutions!




The long term goal is to paint it, but that will require sanding the entire banister first, which is a little more than I wanted to bite off tonight. A good clean will have to do for now!


Were you able to tackle a nagging project tonight? There's still time left! Turn off that TV, put the computer on stand-by, set your timer for 15 minutes and go! :)

4 comments:

  1. Great idea, thank you for the baking soda solution!!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! I have to clean my banisters:) The color of your foyer is the exact shade that I am looking for, for my foyer. Can you tell me what color you used?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure can! It's one of my favorites. Well..I think they are all my favorites! haha. Valspar- Woodlawn Silver Brook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! I'm going to look that up now! Right now the shades I have picked out are all from Restoration Hardware's paint line.

    ReplyDelete

Molly gets just a touch happier when you comment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin