Wednesday, December 9, 2009

$5 Gift Baskets: The Final Chapter

Finally. I'm here to close out the $5 Gift Basket Series. The last step is packaging it all up, because, well presentation is key and just throwing 6 little cellophane baggies at your friends and family doesn't really evoke holiday spirit. But, this doesn't mean we have to break the bank to make it look good!

I found these hot little baskets in the Target Dollar Spot! How adorable are they? I've seen them recently, so I know they are still selling them. They are $1 a piece and are super sturdy, so your recipients could easily use them again!


They are the PERFECT size for this project! But if you want to save some money here, regular gift bags or even simple brown kraft gift bags would work just as well. Doll them up with a little ribbon and they would be good to go!

Since I spent a dollar a piece on those, I wanted to keep the filler simple- so I just used white tissue paper. I wrapped up all the bags in two sheets somewhat tightly and folded another sheet and molded that to the bottom and sides of the basket. Then, I just tucked the wrapped up part right in the middle.

Here are all the posts for reference:

Hot Chocolate Packets:
$14.50
Chocolate Covered Oreos: $9.20
Cinnamon Sugar Roasted Almonds: $11
Mulling Spice Packets: $11

I can't wait to give these out!! I hope everyone loves them, and I hope you liked them too! If you are making your own, I'd love to see pictures of them. Email (myhappycasa@gmail.com) me the pics or link to your blog and I'll post them all!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! I'm using my day off tomorrow to make my baskets!! THANKS MOLLY!!!

    ReplyDelete

Molly gets just a touch happier when you comment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin