Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Thai Chicken Pizza



I love Thai food. Mostly L2 Chicken Spicy. What? You don't know what that means? Well, what it means, is that I've only ever had Thai cuisine at a restaurant, and that's what I order. I've never dared to make it in my own kitchen, until tonight! The photo looks disgusting, I realize. I made my own dough and it was cold, and too dense, but I'll do better next time. It didn't matter, this tasted awesome! I combined a couple recipes I found, here and here. I'll be back later to discuss that yummy little salad.







Need:
cornmeal, for dusting

Your favorite pizza dough

olive oil for brushing crust
1 large chicken breast, cooked and shredded
1 1/2 c. shredded part-skim mozzarella
4 scallions, slivered diagonally
1 shallot, thinly sliced

1/4 c. shredded carrot
3 TBSP peanuts, toasted and chopped
1/4 c. cilantro, chopped

Sweet Chili Thai Sauce (found in the ethnic food aisle)



Do:
1. Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500 degrees.


2. Dust working surface with cornmeal. Roll out pizza dough and cover with Sweet Chili Thai Sauce- you'll want a nice even coat, you can always add more later which is what I did. Brush uncovered bordered with olive oil. Sprinkle half the cheese over the sauce, then top with chicken. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the chicken, then top with scallion, bean shallot, and carrots.


3. Place pizza on pizza stone using a pizza peel or large spatulas. Bake for 9-12 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and golden. Remove pizza from oven and top with peanuts and cilantro. Let cool for three minutes, then serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Molly gets just a touch happier when you comment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin