So, I know you are up for the challenge. And trust me, it's way more fun to clean when you have a bunch of blogging friends to join you. Really, it won't be the same if you aren't here every week telling me how great...or even how not so great you did. The effort is key!
Now, there is one more piece to this, if you care to join. It will be a Blog Hop Photo Challenge as well. We'll take pictures of our designated rooms showing the before and after. Then create a post to show all our hard work. It'll be a great chance to see new spaces (real ones- my favorite!) and make new blogging friends. And no worries if you don't keep a blog, you can share your photos on the My Happy House Facebook page!
So here is the process broken down:
1. Wednesday is the first day of the week for the challenge. I will assign two daily tasks and one room of the house to deep clean, including all the tasks that go with it.
2. (This part is optional) Take a photo of the designated room for the before. Throughout the week, give it the deep clean it so lovingly deserves! Then take your after photo some time before the next Wednesday.
3. Be sure to do the daily tasks each day of the week.
4. Check back in the next Wednesday and link up your post with your before/after photos or feel free to share them on Facebook if you don't keep a blog!
5. Repeat steps 1-4 until the challenge is over!
So simple! Let's get started shall we?
Make the Bed!!
Not much explaining here. Simply making the bed in the morning will get you started on the right foot and in a clean and organized mode. Forget to do it in the morning? No worries, do it when you get home. Trust me, even if it's only made for a couple hours, diving into a neat looking bed at the end of a long day is SO refreshing!
Empty the Sink!I'm a huge advocate of not letting dirty dishes pile up. Having a clean sink will instantly make the kitchen look cleaner. It's a great habit to get into. If you have a dishwasher, and more dishes that night than it can hold, just rinse your remaining dirty dishes and put them on one side of the sink. They can go in when you empty the dishwasher, and since they are already rinsed, it will only take a moment to do so rather than trying to scrape off leftover food from the night before!
Week 1: Kitchen
- Clean out the cupboards- interiors and exteriors
- Wipe down all appliances
- Clean windows
- Clean blinds/drapery
- Clean out fridge- interior, check for expired items, minimize to make room for holiday cooking/baking products
- Clean out pantry- check for expired items and donate items you won't use to a food closet. Plus it will help take inventory for what you need for holiday cooking/baking
- Deep clean counters and small appliances
- Deep clean floors and garbage/recycling containers
So there we have it. This week we are making our beds and emptying our sinks, PLUS really cleaning our kitchens. We'll check in next Wednesday to see how you all did. Did you make your bed today? If not, don't forget to do it now or when you get home! And also, remember to take your kitchen before photo!
We'll always end with our recaps.
Week 1: Make the Bed & Empty the Sink!! + The Kitchen!
Are you joining me? You might have committed in the previous post, but show everyone just how committed your are! Let me know in the comments if you are taking the challenge!