Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday Weekend Round Up

Alright! A new week! A fresh start. Let's get moving! (Was that motivational enough for you?) First, let's take a look and see just how motivated my weekend was.

Friday:
Change bedding, clean and put away extra sheets
Start laundry

Clean my pitiful laundry room
Pack


Saturday:
Halloweekends! This was all we anticipated and more! If you live anywhere near Cedar Point, I highly suggest you make the trip there if you haven't already!

Sunday:
Finish laundry
Make Broccoli Cheese Soup for dinner (We actually had broccoli cheese soup out on Friday...it seemed redundant)
Continue looking for holiday inspiration photos (I'll throw one of my favorites at the bottom!)
Remove the little fencing from the garden Carl said not to...I love when I think I have to do something, but then I find out I don't!
Unpack- Kind of forgot about that part!

So on to the fun part- photos! First, the laundry room. Remember the mess it was on Friday? Blech. It's much better now!


I keep our laundry room very simple because well, 1. it's a laundry room and 2. the simpler it is, the easier it is to keep clean. A few things that I do in our laundry room to keep it organized and functional:

1. I like to keep a laundry basket on top of the dryer for dirty towels, blankets, etc. This way, they have a place to go rather than just a mess on top of the dryer.
2. A simple rack is really all I need in there for the cleaning products. I also have a tote on the right side for smaller, less used products.
3. Notice the open door on the washer? That's done on purpose. With front loader washers, mildew can be an issue. One way to fight it is to leave the door open a crack at all times. It allows the inside to dry out properly.

And as promised, my favorite fall inspiration pic I found yesterday. I love the mix of the branches with the berries and gourds, and you can't leave out candles! And how adorable are the mini pumpkins hanging from the branches? Love it!

pic courtesy of www.bhg.com

How was your weekend? It was great I'm sure! I've got a REALLY busy week ahead, including a hair appointment, babysitting and a birthday party. Plus, I need to go do an exciting errand that I'm hoping I can talk about in the near future...better get moving.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job on the laundry room. It is always easier to get laundry done when the room is nice and neat, at least that's what I keep telling myself. Ours is in the garage so it is far from neat.

    ReplyDelete

Molly gets just a touch happier when you comment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin