By request, I'm going to let you all dive into my closets bathroom and kitchen cabinets. Here is your up close and personal encounter with my cleaning products...as up close and personal as you can get via this blog.
Let me start the list by saying, as I've said before, I do not claim to be green. I am environmentally conscious, but there are a few products that I am just plain gluttonous about, and I know, Mother Nature doesn't care for them. Please don't stone me. This is simply my list of products I use on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Not only is it a great list to use when stocking up for your house, but it'd be a great list of products to put together for a new homeowner as a gift! Here are the items I use.
- Dyson Vacuum
- Hoover FloorMate with Concentrated Cleaner
- Angled Brush from Target- kept in shower
- (2) Gallon Plastic Buckets
- Rags- I usually just rip up our hand towels once they've seen one too many wet hands
- Microfiber towels- I have a whole bunch of these, they last forever!
- Swiffer Sweeper w/wet and dry cloths
- Swiffer Duster
- Clorox Wipes
- Baking Soda
- Paper towels
- Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- Toilet Bowl Scrub Brushes
- LCD TV Cleaner Kit
- Leather Cleaner- spray formula
- Arm & Hammer Daily Shower Spray
- Tilex Mold & Mildew Shower Cleaner
- Magic Erasers
- Glass Cooktop Surface Cleaner
- Spic & Span Multipurpose Cleaner (concentrated)
- Oxo Scrub Brush with Dish Soap
- Liquid Fabric Softener
- All Detergent
Hmmm, when you write it down, it seems like a lot! I guess it is a lot, but most of it lasts a very long time. If you wanted to green up that list a bit, many of the items could be swapped out. Vinegar and Baking Soda are great alternatives to many cleaners. I personally don't feel they do as great of a job as some of the others on the list, but they definitely do the job more often than not! Microfiber towels and rags can replace paper towels and Clorox Wipes, but the convenience (awful...I know I know) are just too appealing for me. I do try to use the Mother Nature approved items when possible though.
So I think that's it, hope it helps someone out there! (Especially you Mrs.A!) Are there any other items that are on your must have cleaning list? I'd love to try out a new product that might be an ol' faithful for you!