Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Express Happy House Challenge Plus Week 5


Guess what gang? It's the 5th and final week of this Express Challenge! But let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Let's talk about last week. I definitely wasn't perfect. Not even close. I feel like I had 3 projects going at any given time and I lost site of my daily goals!

Make the Bed: 6/7
Empty the Sink: 6/7
Sweep the Kitchen Floor: 5/7
Clear the Clutter: 5/7
Sort the Mail: 5/7
Spray the Shower: 6/7
Organize Your Outerwear: 5/7
Write It Down: 7/7

See? Definitely not perfect, but my goal this week is to seriously hit every, single one of my ten tasks, every, single night!

Challenge PLUS
Week 4: Bedrooms (Start from the top and work your way down)
  • Clean all light fixtures/fans
  • Strip all bedding and clean (I actually didn't do the guest bedding, but will this week)
  • Dust all furniture
  • Organize closets
  • Organize drawers
  • Clean mirrors and windows
  • Vacuum and/or clean floors
I know you want photographic proof. I don't have befores for Cam's room and the guest room, but trust me, our bedroom is before enough for all three of them!




After:






Alright, NOW let's look at our last weeks' tasks! You're going to like this, I know it!

Clean the Counters!

This is my cheater task...I'm pulling a two for one....



Yep, that's the kitchen AND the bathroom. But it's such a quick task, that we can combine them. You use them every day, they see a lot of action. The counters in the kitchen and bathroom take a toll, so give them some love and wipe em down! It can also be a motivator to keep your counters cleared! Less clutter = Happier Counters. I swear! But brace yourself for our second task of the week, it's a doozy.

Relax & Enjoy Your Clean House!

Sounds tough huh? I think you can handle it though. What's the point of working hard to have a clean house if you can't sit back an enjoy it. So make sure to take a minute each day to appreciate all your hard work!

Before you kick back and do task 10 though, let's get our PLUS addition! It's the last one, and I'm thinking you might know what it is.

Challenge Plus
Week 5: Living Spaces (Family Room, Living Room, Den, Etc.)
  • Dust/Vacuum/Clean the furniture
  • Clean the windows/blinds
  • Deep clean the floors/Vacuum the rugs
  • Dust the lighting


Let's recap:
Week 1: Make the Bed & Empty the Sink+ The Kitchen!
Week 2: Sweep the Kitchen Floor & Clear the Clutter +The Dining Spaces!
Week 3: Sort the Mail & Spray Your Shower + The Bathrooms!
Week 4: Write It Down & Organize Your Outerwear!
Week 5: Clean the Counters & Relax & Enjoy Your Clean House!

So don't forget to either link up your own Express Challenge blog post or simply give us your results in the comments! I love seeing how everyone does, perfect scores or not! Really give this week all you've got! Thanksgiving is next Thursday, the day after our last check in! Let's roll into the holiday season with style!







1 comment:

  1. If I haven't said it before I love love your blog it truly inspires me to get things done!

    ReplyDelete

Molly gets just a touch happier when you comment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin